Saturday, April 19, 2008

nineeleven.co.uk: Where Banishment is an Honour

It will be helpful for the reader to gain some understanding as to who Gerald Bostock is in order to understand why I chose this as my nom de plume.





Really don't mind if you sit this one out
My word's but a whisper
Your deafness a shout
I may make you feel
But I can't make you think


This author was recently blocked from posting to and reading 9/11, the bigger picture and the quest for truth: The British (UK) 9/11 Truth Campaign portal, website and forums. Apparently this was for posting the following quoted text [Original found here]:

At the risk of being accused of discussing a forbidden topic by discussing the forbidding of the topic, I wish to share some observations about the recent change in policy on this forum. A review of recent posts should reveal what that policy change was.

I have to say that the very idea that some topics are too controversial for honest and sincere adults to discuss in public is arrogant, elitist, condescending and illiberal. One of the primary motives that drives me to participate in the 9/11 Truth movement is to oppose regimes that would impose restrictions on the free discussion of relevant information. I do not fear having my ideas and perceptions challenged. I believe that the Truth is stronger than lies. Indeed, that axiom is the unspoken foundation of Anglo-American civilization.

I know that I have been forbidden from speaking the Truth as I know it on this forum. This is a Truth that I sincerely believe is relevant to the stated mission of this forum. By forbidding this discussion the cognizant authorities are implicitly saying that I am wrong. In order for me to be wrong I must be either misinformed (unsound premises), logically in error (invalid argument) or simply lying.

Regarding the first two possibilities, I welcome the opportunity to be corrected. I am human and therefore can err. I do not wish to be mistaken or misinformed. To deny me that opportunity for correction is to deny me the ability to make informed and reasoned decisions. A state of ignorance and error is clearly hazardous to my well-being. Denying me this opportunity for correction is therefore a means of doing harm to me.

Regarding the last of the above listed possibilities, to wit, that I might be intentionally lying, that I take to be a serious charge against which I have a right to defend myself. To be accused of lying is harmful to a person's reputation and therefore his wellbeing.

To assert that a particular belief is incorrect implies that any person who professes that belief suffers from one or more of the above stated faults. It therefore does not matter that my actual identity is not known to the public. The harm resulting from denying me the freedom to honestly discuss the offending topic is done to all who share my beliefs.

Forbidding the honest discussion of a relevant topic is the quintessential act of intellectual tyranny. It is clear that several regular and sincere participants in this forum share my belief that the forbidden topic is relevant, and they also share my opinions regarding the facts involved.

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Note that the post was originally to a newly created thread entitled Protecting me from dangerous ideas, but was moved by the moderator to the thread entitled No Holocaust discussion on this site. That was, however, my penultimate post. My final post was in the thread Jewish group applauds web censorship as follows:

ian neal wrote:
If you read the rules of this site you would know that hate speech is banned on this site

So when it is said, as the article does

“Clearly a line has to be drawn between freedom of speech, voicing of differing opinions – and material that just incites racial hatred, religious intolerance and violence. When that line is crossed, that material ought not to be freely available to all who log onto the web.”

I agree

And if you don't, you are on the wrong site. If I were you I would rush off and find a corner of cyber space that still allows the incitement of "racial hatred, religious intolerance and violence" and get busy while you still can.


Do you agree with this statement by Hillary Clinton?

To deny the Holocaust places the President of Iran in company with the most despicable bigots and historical revisionists. It is an insult not only to the memory of the millions of Jews who suffered and died in the Shoah, but also to the troops of the United States and its allies who, in the fight to liberate Europe from Nazism, bore witness to the reality of the Holocaust.


In addition to Gerald Bostock, other user names I used on nineeleven.co.uk were Alulim, Usama bin Laden and Hetware. Several of my most important posts relative to the dispute have been removed after persisting for days, weeks or even months.

Nil conscire sibi

No comments: